There are some statistics worth noting in this article about hotels and about great customer service. They are:
- 96% of customers forced to expend ?high? effort with a company over a problem are likely to be disloyal.
- 86% of consumers quit doing business with a company in 2011 because of a bad customer experience.
- Building loyalty with 5% more customers would lead to an increased average profit between 25% and 100%.
- 53% of people use their mobile devices to find travel information.
- Travelers conduct 17 research sessions before booking.
- The average no-show rate is 10% daily.
- Three out of four travelers are planning one or more weekend getaways.
- Besides price and location, BandB travelers look to the following when deciding where to stay: Consumer reviews, photos, friends? recommendations, flexible cancellations policy, ability to book online.
- 26% of Boomers were planning to take domestic multi-generational trips in 2016.
- More than half of Millennials and Gen Xers say cost is a barrier to leisure travel.
These statistics show many things, including the value of great customer service. There are many instances in when a customer will become dissatisfied with a company and have to talk to a customer service representative. This involves a difficult situation for both the customer and the representative. If the call goes wrong, a customer could be lost.
Great customer services starts with training and hiring the right people for the job. A customer service representative should be friendly and professional, while having the poise to deal with a serious amount of problems that are varied in terms of what they are. A customer service representative has to stay on their toes, ready to deal with anything.
The challenge for a customer service representative is to deal with the ever changing moods of the people who are calling. Probably not many people enjoy calling customer service, as it means they’ve had a problem with their service or their product. They may be frustrated before getting to talk to a person, as automated answering machines are everywhere.
And these automated answering machines make life difficult for the caller, as they are forced to navigate through numerous screens, with many people being hard of hearing and unable to operate the answer service. This makes them in a worse mood when they end up talking to a customer service representative.
The customer service representative must be aware of this and ready to deal with any situation from any person who is in any mood. While there are circumstances where a customer is abusive and can be cut from the call, many customer service representatives have to endure angry people while talking.
The primary issue with this is that giving great customer service can seem like an easy thing to some, but it is actually a very difficult thing that involves timing, patience, and quality training. The training of a customer service representative must be good enough to enable them to handle any situation on the line.
And unfortunately, many of these people who are trained to handle customer service complaints are trained in a way that is not well enough, given the circumstances. Many are part of a general room where multiple customer services calls are taken from different companies. This is often called a “call center.”
There are some terms associated with this that are worth noting. They are hotel management software list, hotel management solution, hotel management solutions, hotel management system software, hotel management systems, hotel pms, hotel pms systems, hotel property management, hotel property management software, and hotel property management system.
Some of the major issues that occur in a company that require customer service include defects in products, bad service from a sales staff, a warranty that has expired, issues with the company’s website, and much more. There are numerous issues a call center person will have to take if they are representing multiple companies.
There are also many situations where a customer service representative may do more than is asked for for that customer. Though this is likely rare, it is always possible to answer the call in a pleasant voice, ready, and willing to help. Some companies do this and the results for their customer service are very good.
Someone who does not speak English as their first language has a tendency to frustrate callers because they have an accent that is difficult to understand.