Search engine optimization (SEO) is incredibly important for driving traffic to your web site. If you do not agree, remember that nearly 93% of all internet experiences start with a search engine. For between 65 and 70% of those experiences, that means a start with Google. Given the fact that most people (at least 75%) never look past the first page of a search and many of those ignore the paid ads, if you want people to find your business, you have to rank high enough to make it to the top. This is why SEO services are so heavily sought after.
7 SEO Services Tips to Get More Traffic and Customers:
- Make your keywords matter. Pick the right keywords for your business. If you do not make or sell cat videos, putting “cats doin’ stuff” in your subject line will not help you grow your business. Find the right keywords for the good and services you provide and put them in the right places. They should be in the titles, tag lines, categories and throughout your content. All good SEO services firms will tell you to take care when using keywords.
- Put keywords in captions for your images. It is true that a picture is worth a thousand words but the sad fact is that search engines cannot index a photo or other image unless it has some text attached to it. This is another place to include your keywords. This way, when your potential customer or client searches for what you offer, your images can help guide them to your site. Also make sure the names of your images also have keywords and not random characters that they are assigned when created. This can increase the chances they will be picked up by search engines as they index the web.
- Make your website easy to understand. If you sell plumbing supplies, make your site all about plumbing. You do not have a lot of time to get someone’s attention so having a simple message is the best way to reach new and existing customers. Simplicity is key to good web design.
- Does your site load quickly? Having the best SEO branding strategy will do you absolutely no good if your site takes too long to load. SEO services firms remind clients this all of the time. We live in the era of Snap Chat and Twitter. People simply do not have the patience to wait for a slow loading page.
- Make your site friendly for mobile browsing. More and more people use their mobile devices to consume internet content. Keep this in mind when you are designing your website.
- Link back to yourself. You do not have to reinvent the wheel with every piece of content you put on your site. If you are posting about something that you have already written about, link back to that other piece. For example, your remodel homes. Maybe in one piece you talk about tile in the bathroom and in another you mention tile in the kitchen. Link back to the first piece about tile. You might also have other pages that are relevant such as resources or other links.
- New content should be added often. Around the world, nearly 27 million new pieces of content are added every single day. To keep your site relevant, you need new content all of the time. This does not have to be overwhelming, just remember, it is a way for new people to find your business. You can always repurpose old content or renew it. You do not have to write the great American novel every day to keep your content fresh. Just make sure it is current and relevant to your business.
SEO consulting is big business now because it is so critical to a website’s success. While some people have said the benefits of SEO services are declining, people still start their surfing with a search engine. This trend does not appear to be changing even as people move away from using computers for web surfing and rely more and more on mobile technology. All this means is that if you want people to find you, they need Google to find you first.